Contribution statements for 2021 will be mailed out as soon as possible in January, but no later than January 31, 2022. To ensure the deductibility of your church contributions, please be sure that you have received your final year-end contribution statement before filing your 2021 taxes.
Year-End Giving Reminder
To assure that all donations are properly recorded for tax purposes (per IRS Publication 526 Charitable Contributions), please remember the following:
- Contributions received by mail must be postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service in 2021 to be applied to your 2021 contribution statement.
- Please note that the church office will be closed for the Christmas Holidays, December 22 – 28, Wednesday through Tuesday. Contributions may still be brought to the church during that week and placed in the secure wall deposit box at the Small Groups Building. The secure deposit box is located by the double door entrance under the awning and the parking lot. This deposit box will be checked multiple times the week the office is closed for gifts.
- The Church office will be open, Wednesday, December 29 through Thursday, December 30, for regular business hours. Friday, December 31 the office will close for the New Year's Holiday. If you bring a gift by the church office on Friday, please place your gift in the secure drop box at the Small Groups Building and it will be picked up early the morning of January 1. Any gifts placed in the wall deposit box on January 1, are received as 2022 gifts.
- Please note that a December gift placed in the offering box or brought by the office in January 2022, cannot be posted to 2021, even if the check is dated 2021.
- If your contribution is a non-cash gift, please bring it to the office as soon as possible to allow time for processing.
- For contributions made online, please note that there is a 2-day processing window for all online gifts (standard ACH banking timeline). Because of the 2-day processing window, please be aware that your gift will be deducted on the settlement date, not the day you schedule the gift. If you make a gift on December 29-31, that gift will not deduct from your bank account until January—please refer to your confirmation email as to the date the gift will be deducted. While we will do our best to honor gifts scheduled at year-end in 2021, but deducted in 2022, it may not always be possible. As with all banking transactions, online transactions are only processed on business days defined as a calendar day other than Saturday, Sunday or a federal holiday.