Contribution statements for 2019 will be mailed out as soon as possible in January, but no later than January 31, 2020. To ensure the deductibility of your church contributions, please be sure that you have received your final year-end contribution statement before filing your 2019 taxes.
Year-End Giving Reminder
To assure that all donations are properly recorded for tax purposes (per IRS Publication 526 Charitable Contributions), please remember the following:
- Contributions received by mail must be postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service in 2019 to be applied to your 2019 contribution statement.
- Please note that the church office will be closed for the Christmas Holidays, December 23 – 27, Monday through Friday. Contributions may still be brought to the church during that week and placed in the secure wall deposit box at the Small Groups Building. The secure deposit box is located by the double door entrance under the awning and the parking lot. This deposit box will be checked multiple times the week the office is closed for gifts.
- The Church office will be open on Monday, December 30 and Tuesday, December 31, and will close at noon. If you bring a gift by the church office after noon, you can place your gift in the secure drop box at the Small Groups Building and it will be picked up early the morning of January 1. Any gifts placed in the wall deposit box on January 1, are received as 2020 gifts.
- Please note that a gift placed in the offering plate or brought by the office in January 2020, cannot be posted to 2019, even if the check is dated 2019.
- If your contribution is a non-cash gift, please bring it to the office as soon as possible to allow time for processing.
- For contributions made online, please note that there is a 2-day processing window for all online gifts (standard ACH banking timeline). Because of the 2-day processing window, please be aware that your gift will be deducted on the settlement date, not the day you schedule the gift. If you make a gift on December 28-31, that gift will not deduct from your bank account until January—please refer to your confirmation email as to the date the gift will be deducted. While we will do our best to honor gifts scheduled at year-end in 2019, but deducted in 2020, it may not always be possible. As with all banking transactions, online transactions are only processed on business days defined as a calendar day other than Saturday, Sunday or a federal holiday.