Welcome to IMPACT Missions
As the body of Christ, we are commanded to be the hand and feet of Christ to those in need in our church and community. The goal of IMPACT missions is to serve and care for those in our church and city that need our help, support and encouragement through the love and gospel of Christ. We do this through IMPACT Church and IMPACT City.
The goal of IMPACT Church is to serve and care for the widows, single parents and senior adults within our church and in our community. We do this in two ways. First, as needs arise, volunteers help meet those needs on a month-by-month basis. Then in the spring and fall, we come together as a church for a church wide SERVE Day.
- Can you help with home or auto maintenance or repairs?
- Can you help with yard work?
- Do you have a passion for reaching out to those who need encouragement or taking a meal to someone in need?
Then we need you.
The goal of IMPACT City is to share the love and gospel of Christ with those in our city that serve us selflessly every day. These unsung hero’s need our support and encouragement, now more than ever. We do this through missions to our local First Responders and Nursing Homes.
These men and women stand ready to serve us at any time. And while many of our calls put them in danger, they selflessly serve, often seeing and dealing with the worst and most tragic situations
- There are around 90 police and civilians serving the Alabaster City area in both day and night shifts. As a way to encourage and support those officers, several times per year we collect items for appreciation bags of snacks, and other needed items for each police officer. Then teams assigned to each shift deliver those bags along with letters of encouragement and prayer.
- How You Can Help: You can help by purchasing items needed for the appreciation bags or by joining one of the team’s to serve our police officers.
- There are around 60 firefighters serving the Alabaster City area across three firehouses, each with three shifts . As a way to encourage and support them, each quarter teams deliver meals to feed and fellowship with each shift at each firehouse.
- How you can Help: You can join one of the teams and help coordinate and deliver meals to each firehouse, spending time encouraging and getting to know our firefighters
- The COVID Pandemic hit our nursing homes especially hard. Help us encourage and show the staff at our local nursing homes how much they are appreciated through onsite “appreciation events”, where we provide snacks, encouragement and prayer.
- How you can Help: We need volunteers interested in working with the local nursing homes to grow this ministry.
Next IMPACT Serve Day will be March 18. Sign up today to serve our widows, single parents, and senior adults by cleaning yards and preparing their home for spring.
- Click Here to sign up for an IMPACT Serve Team
- Meet at Westwood (rear parking lot) at 8AM on Saturday, March 18, to receive final preparation and team assignments.
IMPACT CITY: Police Officers
We are collecting snacks and other needed items to package and deliver appreciation bags to each Alabaster City police officer.
- You can help by grabbing a shopping list (Click Here), picking up the items and returning to the church or
- By donating to help cover the cost (payable to Westwood Baptist Church with IMPACT City on the memo line).