WHAT IS IT?
Summer Leadership Project is an opportunity for COMPLETED 7th-11th graders to:
- CONNECT with mentors and peers to engage leadership skills
- TRAIN to develop as a disciple making leader
- SERVE our Church body and local community
THEME THIS YEAR:
“On the Edge” – Acts 20:24, “I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course”
Our theme this year will zero in on one main goal: Take finite risks for an infinite reward. We want to see SLP students leading the way in our student ministry taking momentary risks with the Gospel for the sake of infinite rewards they and their hearers reap as a result. It’s a battle cry to live a Gospel centered life “ON THE EDGE”! To do this we will parallel physical adventure/risk taking elements with spiritual adventure/risk taking to drive home the main point of spiritually living “ON THE EDGE”. We’ll take hikes, swim, whitewater raft, camp, and do team building initiatives unto that end! So, get ready for an adventure!
HOW MUCH IS IT?
$75 - Covers meals, activities, materials, travel expenses and T-shirt. Sign Up & Payment Deadline: July 1st
** Families with more than one student will pay full price for their first student and $35 for each additional student(s).
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- READY TO TAKE RISKS - Finite risks reap an infinite reward. This year we will challenge students physically and mentally to drive home the spiritual parallels of taking spiritual risks on our journey of discipleship. Students in SLP need to up for the challenges of hiking, climbing, rafting, etc.!
- COMMITTED TO DISCIPLINE - One of the top priorities of SLP is to develop a lifestyle of spiritual discipline. We will require leadership students to complete reading assignments, memorize Scripture, and devote themselves to a strict attendance standard.
- ACTIVELY PURSUE A LIFESTYLE CONSISTENT WITH BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES - We do not expect you to be perfect. However, we are looking for students who are currently and consistently walking and growing in Christ. This is vital to our success because God can use you to set the bar for your peers.
- 7th – 11th GRADE - Students who have completed the 7th grade up to 11th grade are eligible for this opportunity.
- TIME COMMITMENT: Yout must be able to attend 4 out of the following 5 dates:
- July 8th
- July 15th
- July 21st – 22nd (trip to TN)
- July 29th
- August 5th
HOW DO I REGISTER AND APPLY?
- Fill out application (Make sure parent signs the application!)
- Turn in to Abby Vann (Student Ministry Assistant) or Jarred Boyd (Pastor of Students) or the Student Dropbox outside of Rm. 213.
- Once your application has been received, the student ministry staff will review and follow up with all applicants.
WHAT WILL THE SCHEDULE LOOK LIKE?
** Reminder: You must be able to attend at least 4 out of the 5 dates listed above/below…
** Some events and times are subject to change depending on our registration numbers. Once numbers are in, our final schedule and syllabus will be sent out.
SUNDAY, JULY 8 // 1:30-8:30 PM
1:30 PM DROP OFF @ Westwood Campus
1:35 – 3:15 Head to Adventure near Talladega
3:15 – 6:15 Adventure & Team Building // A19 Training
6:15 – 7:15 Family Meal on way back & book discussion
7:15 – 8:30 Head back
8:30 PM PICK UP @ Westwood Campus
SUNDAY, JULY 15 // 3:00-8:30 PM
3:00 PM DROP OFF @ Westwood Campus
3:00 – 5:00 A19 Training
5:00 – 6:00 Team Building
6:00 – 6:55 Family Meal
6:55 – 7:00 Break
7:00 – 8:00 Book Discussion
8:00 – 8:15 Scripture Memory
8:30 PM PICK UP @ Westwood Campus
TRIP TO TENNESSEE (JULY 21-22)
SATURDAY, July 21st
7:00 AM DROP OFF @ Westwood
7:15 AM Head to Ocoee, TN
11:00 AM Lunch in Cleveland, TN
12:00 PM Set Up Camp
2:00 PM Adventure
7:00 PM Dinner
8:00 PM Hang out/Team building
9:30 PM Lights Out
SUNDAY, July 22nd
7:00 AM Wake Up/Breakfast
8:00 AM Rafting
12:00 PM Pack Up/Lunch
2:00 PM Head home
6:30 PM PICK UP @ Westwood Campus
SUNDAY, JULY 29 // 2:00-6:15 PM
2:00 PM DROP OFF @ Westwood
2:00 – 3:30 A19 Training
3:30 – 5:00 Evangelism Field Practice
5:00 – 6:00 Book Discussion back at Campus
6:00 – 6:15 Scripture Memory
6:15 PM PICK UP @ Westwood Campus
SUNDAY, AUGUST 5 // 2:00-8:00 PM
2:00 PM DROP OFF @ Westwood Campus
2:05 – 3:00 A19 Training
3:30 – 5:30 Evangelism Field Practice
6:00 – 8:00 Family Meal @ Beef O’ Brady’s
8:00 PM PICK UP @ Beef O’ Brady’s
Click the link above to download the application. You may drop it off in one of our Student Dropboxes around campus, turn into our main office, or scan and email it to Jarred (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You may make your payments in cash or check || To: "Westwood Baptist Church" // Memo: "SLP (Student Name)"