Dear Parents of Graduating Seniors,
I’m sure by now you are beginning to feel the angst of your son or daughter’s upcoming high school graduation. This is a special time where your church family can join you in celebrating the culmination of your student’s hard work. Listed below are some ways that we want to partner with you in commissioning your senior into their next phase of life:
- Senior Banquet: Saturday, May 15th at 6:00 pm at the Old Post Office in Alabaster. Your immediate family is invited to attend a special event that will include dinner, worship, and a commissioning message. We suggest “Sunday church attire”.
- Senior Recognition Service: Sunday, May 16th at the 9:15 am service, we will recognize all our graduating seniors. Each one will be introduced as their formal senior portraits are displayed on the screens. They will also be given a small gift. Your student will need to wear their cap and gowns.
- “Senior Shout-out”: During the month of May, we will give each senior a “shout-out” on our Instagram and Facebook pages.
What we need from you:
- LETTERS: There will be a time during the dinner for you as parents to privately read letters that you have written in advance to your child. This letter should include two facets: First, a spiritual charge. Encouragement and/or warnings for their next stage of life from Scripture. Second, a celebration. Qualities you are proud of in your son or daughter. The letters should be no longer than 2 pages in length and both parents are encourage to write individual letters. PLEASE NOTE: THESE WILL NOT BE READ PUBLICALLY, BUT RATHER WILL BE READ AS PART OF A PRIVATE TIME BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR STUDENT.
- PICTURES: We need THREE digital pictures of your graduate for the “Senior Shoutout”. One of the pictures MUST be their formal senior portrait (please send in a format as close to 1080p quality as possible). These need to be sent in no later than April 12th to Leigh Watts at [email protected].
- Online RSVP Form: Please click on the following link to register your student for Senior Recognition Weekend. https://senior-recognition-weekend-2021-westwood-baptist-church.pushpayevents.com/
All photos and registrations are due no later than April 12th.
Due to COVID protocols, we will not be able to offer table displays this year.
I believe this weekend will be a special experience for your family to share with your church family. I look forward to meeting you all and celebrating your child with you.
Grace and Peace,
Pastor of Students
Westwood Baptist Church