Welcome to Men's Ministry
Westwood’s Men’s Ministry exists to develop men into growing disciples of Jesus Christ by creating environments that help them to Connect with God, Grow in community with other men, find a place to Serve in the church, and Live on Mission. We seek to accomplish this mission by emphasizing personal and group discipleship, small-group accountability, and providing events that help men find a welcoming place to meet with and network with other Christian men. In today’s culture, the key to reaching the home for Christ is to start with the man. Men have been uniquely and specifically designed by God to be spiritual leaders in their home, workplace, church, and community. It is more important than ever for men to honor God and stay strong in the face of mounting personal and spiritual challenges. We believe that the key to reaching men is to reach them with other men. Our theme verse is Proverbs 27:17 which states “Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” We believe as genuine, authentic men of God live strategically and relationally with one another that real life-change takes place.
Contact the church office at 205.664.0122 for more information about Men's Ministry.
Men's Impact Groups
Objectives of a Men's Impact Group
- To grow in our knowledge of God's Word, so that we have Confidence.
- To hold each other accountable for the Spiritual walk we are on, so that we have Consistency.
- To build a "Legacy" that will be eternity driven, so that we have IMPACT.
Colossians 1:9-14; Hebrews 6:1-4; 1 Cor. 14:20; Hebrews 5:12-14; 2 Peter 3:16-18; 1 Cor. 2:6
Structure of an Impact Group
- Needs to consist of ONLY men and should be a group of no more than 6.
- The group need to agree on a leader for the group (his role will be to communicate information to the group, remind of meeting times, assign member of the group to lead various aspects, i.e., prayer request, ministry outreach opportunties, etc.)
- Need to be consistently meeting (you don't all have to be present to meet)
- Use a book of the Bible as your primary resource for spiritual growth. The church will provide "suggestions" for material other than the Bible.
- Transparency and honesty are absolutely necessary for a healthy group.
Forming of a Impact Group
- Within a "Life Group": if you are currently in a "Life Group", the preference would be to start an IMPACT GROUP within your Life Group.
- Outside a Life Group: If you are not involved in a Life Group, or would prefer having an Impact Group outside your Life Group, we can help bring your group together or you can form one yourself. It could be with other co-workers, neighbors, etc.
Click here to sign up your group!